1. a. Pollution
b. Factory and businesses releasing pollution into the environment
c. Water contamination in the Yangtze river.
d. The toxicity level of fish in the Yangtze river
e. Human risks from consumption of fish.
2.
a. What kind of contaminants are in the Yangtze River?
b. What type of animal life is in the Yangtze River?
It was much easier to start with pollution and work my way down. I ended up with the topic of Water contamination in the Yangtze River. I could only imagine it would have probably be very difficult if i had started with the broad idea of pollution and used it as my center topic. Thanks once again Ms. Soules for going over this with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can see that starting with pollution and working down would be easier, something I'll keep in mind for future classes.
ReplyDeleteLet's look at this sizing string, though.
Pollution is the broadest. Factory and businesses releasing pollution into the environment is clearly a subset.
The next ones, however, are not. Water contamination in the Yangtze River, while a great topic, is not a sub-topic of the factory and businesses topic, it's a consequence or a result. If you wanted to narrow the factory and businesses topic, you could focus on a particular type of pollutant that they release (I don't know what they let flow into the river), but it would have to be a subset of the original topic.
Once you get to the Yangtze River, though, you introduce equal statements.
Water contamination in the Yangtze river.
Toxicity level of fish in the Yangtze river
Human risks from consumption of fish.
Water contamination is a result of what the factories are letting flow into the river; While it affects the toxicity level of te fish, the toxicity topic is an outcome or result of water contamination. Human risks afre also another subset of pollution, but not nested inside the topic above it. This, too, is a form of outcome or result.
I hope this is clear.
Your questions are fine and I think you'll be ablae to search for them without much difficulty.